In this Policy, “We” means Hoot Ventures Pty Ltd of 1/138 Great North Road FIVE DOCK, New South Wales 2046.
We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products and services.
Our goal is to provide you and your family with media experiences that inform, entertain and educate. Sometimes this means that we use information that you provide to us about yourself to customise that experience. We do this to improve your enjoyment of our products and services. In providing our services to you, We will be transparent about how and why we collect and use your information. In some cases, if you do not want us to collect or use your information in a particular way, then we will give you the opportunity to say so.
2. the kind of information we may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it;
3. how we may disclose that information;
4. how you can access the information we hold about you;
5. when we may use your information to contact you;
6. the protection of your personal information;
8. additional steps to protect young people; and
9. how and why we collect and use additional information when you visit our online shop.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you:
1. because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us to make comments, complaints or to ask us questions, or you have provided it
at our online shop;
2. because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, if you order a product, we need your contact
information to deliver that product to you.
3. because we would like to improve our products, for instance through the collection and analysis of statistical and research data and use of
cookies (see below);
4. for purposes directly related to any of the above.
2.2 How we collect information when you use a digital service
Broadly, there are two types of information or data we collect:
Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form or when you sign up to a service. This type of information may include your name, address and email. You may also provide information to us via social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.
You may be able to make changes to the information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular product. We will make it clear how you do that.
Data we collect that tracks your activity
We automatically gather information to monitor the use of our website, like the numbers and frequency of visitors.
This information helps us improve our product offerings by learning what our audiences use and don’t use. It can also help us identify if there are any problems with our products that need fixing.
Most of the data we collect is aggregated, and this information is effectively anonymous to us.
Though surveys usually collect aggregate data, we will make it clear to you if any survey information is being collected in a way that could personally identify you.
When you use our online shop, further information may need to be collected because of the commercial nature of our site. Additional privacy information is set out below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
1. to provide products to you;
2. for research purposes relating to the performance, quality;
3. maintenance and improvement of our products;
4. to provide technical support to you;
5. if permitted or required by law; or
6. otherwise with your consent.
We are assisted by a variety of third parties to deliver the products we offer. These third parties are too numerous to list, and they change from time to time. Some examples of the types of third parties include:
1. technology service providers including website design services, hosting and domain services;
2. payment partners such as PayPal and Australia Post; and
3. promotion or marketing service providers such as Google AdWords and Double Click.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas locations.
We may disclose your personal information (excluding sensitive information about you) to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing our products. We will obtain your specific consent to disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing our products. You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
4. ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information that is held by us about you. We will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We welcome feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
You can contact us about any privacy issues as follows:
By email: email@example.com
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CONTACT YOU
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available at: http://www/acma.gov.au/spam
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We use a “cookie” system for our online services. A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your machine or device that lets our online service store information necessary for online shopping.
Cookies allow our servers to keep track of your customer details between visits to our website. The information stored by the cookie includes data that is provided during online registration processes.
Credit card information is never stored in a cookie. Popular browsers will usually give users a level of control over cookies. You can set your browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. You can also set your browser to prompt you each time a cookie is offered.
Most cookies are easy to delete, and the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Some digital services may not load properly or function as intended if cookies are disabled, however it is up to you to determine the balance of convenience and computer privacy that you are comfortable with.
8. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ONLINE SHOP
In addition to the General Principles outlined above, the following information is relevant to our online shop.
8.1 Collecting information about you
We collect personal information about you:
1. to manage and deliver orders that you make now and in the future;
2. so we have a record of your order should you wish to return or exchange an item at a later date;
3. to contact you with offers specific to your order;
4. if you send us a query;
5. if you subscribe to an email list;
6. with your permission, to advise you of our special promotions;
7. as part of an entry to a competition or product review;
8. to run cookies on our website (see above);
9. as part of our customer database;
10. for statistical and research purposes;
11. for purposes directly related to all of the above.
We automatically collect general website traffic information (such as how many people have visited the site, most popular pages etc). This information is collated into aggregate results in order to evaluate our service and business practice in an effort to provide you with an optimum shopping service.
8.2 Disclosure of information
We may share non-personal, aggregated information with our partners and product distributors for research purposes. We never identify or disclose individual customers or visitors’ information or purchases but we may disclose how many customers bought a specific item or used a specific service.
We may disclose personal information to third parties as set out above.
8.3 Access to your personal information
Personal information that you have provided to us (such as your name, invoice and delivery addresses, phone number, or email address) is accessible by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8.4 Credit card information
Your credit card details are only stored and transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is not stored on our internet servers. Online credit card payments are currently processed using PayPal.